A front door creates the first impression for every homeowner. It accounts for one of the most important exterior parts of your home. A front door is a perfect place to make a design statement since it connects and simultaneously separates your house. Other than style, entry doors provides security for your priced possessions inside your house. Practical factors to consider while selecting a front door include material, cost, and style. Here is a list of unique entry doors you can choose from when picking your new front door.
- Glass and metal – modern front doors combine different materials. Glass brings attention to the entry door. A combination of glass and metal creates a trendy, stylish entry door which is perfect for homes with a high fence and a large garden.
- Classic wood – wood entry doors are a timeless classic. Wood can be stained to look old or to match with the architecture of your house. You can combine wood with glass to give your front door a luxurious look.
- Unusual materials – you can have your entry door made of unusual materials such as concrete, copper or stainless steel to create a completely unique design.
- Unusual hardware – you can add unusual hardware such as steampunk to create the look you want on your entry door.
- Glass accents – you can add accents to your entry door and surrounds using glass. Surrounds create a dramatic entry door area that makes a statement.
- Dutch doors – give your home a vintage look using a dutch door. It gives your home a distinct look the stands from other doors. The door adds a distinctly English cottage feel.
- Custom doors – a custom entry doors are designed to your specifications. They are a reflection of your personality. You can combine different materials to match your house. You can have a classic custom door or a contemporary one for a modern look.
- Wood and glass combination – a combination of both materials creates a trendy entry to your front door.
- Rails and stiles – they can either be horizontal or vertical. They hold a wood door, and they can be used to create a contemporary design of your front door.
- Solid simplicity – add flare to your entry using simple, solid flat doors. You can keep it simple or dress it up with amazing hardware.
Selects entry doors that compliment and harmonize your house. Avoid using many colors and shapes on your entry door, remember your entry door creates the first impression for the entire home. You can select from a wide range of simple and yet elegant designs.